When faced with a crisis in need of immediate problem solving, I’ve been known to get somewhat creative. This is quite possibly, normal thinking for a recovering addict!
This time last year, I woke up in the middle of the night with a problem. My airway had swollen and nearly closed while I was sleeping. I did not panic, but instead, calmly went to my early morning dentist appointment. I’d been told the previous day that I had an abscess. At 50 years of age, I still have all of my teeth. Apparently, an abscess can happen to anyone.
Because of my allergy to Penicillin, I was given something else. Long story short, the antibiotic did not work. Okay, here’s where I got creative. I figured since I hadn’t taken Penicillin since I was five years old, it would surely work wonders towards my infection. That is if it didn’t kill me.
Of course, that’s precisely what I did. I [acquired] a small bottle of Penicillin and broke all of the pills in half. I proceeded to take a low dose twice per day for a week. Within a few days, the infection had disappeared entirely.
I realize doing something like ingesting a medication that I’m allergic to is quite dangerous. Although, compared to most of my life, it’s entirely rational.
PLEASE, do not attempt this at home!
June 18, 2020