Tuesday Morning

Following three days with our Son, my wife and I returned to Chicago last night. Driving in near whiteout conditions for close to five hours, we pulled into the hotel around 9:00 PM.

My flight has been rescheduled twice, but I expect to fly out this evening. My wife has to wait until tomorrow. The airfields in Texas are struggling terribly with the freezing weather. I’m hoping and praying Tina has power by the time she returns to Cypress. The entire neighborhood has been without electricity since yesterday morning.

Wednesday

I returned to Denver, slept, got up at 4:00 AM, and made it to work on time at 6:00 AM.

Joseph Shanklin

February 17, 2021

4 thoughts on “Fighting The Snow To See Our Son

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.